10.8.05

Back in the Virtual world...

That will teach me to grumble about life...just after the last blog, my poor old PC fan gave up the ghost and I've been offline for days. I don't know whether it's a good or a bad thing that so much of our lives depend on the internet. What I do know is that not having one is like being cut off from an intregral part of my existence. As if to make amends for their cruel joke, the Gods decreed that the Upper Heyford cricket team should call off the Sunday match..so although I had already done some baking, it wasn't the Herculean task that I had set myself and I didn't have to rise with the dawn to bake batches of scones.

PC is fixed and memory doubled, so hopefully the old girl will tick over for a few more years. The nice man who mended her was highly amused to hear how I've been keeping the fan going these last weeks - careful applications of WD40 and gear oil, applied in the spindle with a fine paintbrush...


1 comment:

Alison Ashwell said...

I can just imahgine the Heath Robinson solution to this
Glad you are back online