7.6.06

Fish market

Someone took my throat and replaced it with a rusty wheeze-box...I whistle when I breathe. Painting and writing have been dragging at a 5 mile crawl and I am thoroughly sorry for myself, so no sympathy please, I've got enough to do me for now, and then some. I did manage to get the poster finished before I succumbed to the lurgy...



Still stretched on the board at A2 size



A healthy diet




Your local friendly fishmonger




Too many legs on the octopus...


Normal service might be resumed soon.

10 comments:

Niel Bushnell said...

A very sweet picture - I love the octopus! I can't believe its A2!! Thats big!

Maya said...

Beautiful Gretel :)
I adore the little toy mouse!!

xx
Maya

Anonymous said...

Gretel
these illustrations are just delightful!

tlchang said...

I love the hanging wooden fish sign and the octopus the best! your palette is so pleasing.... I always feel drawn in to your pieces through the colors first, and then through all the delightful details.

Joanna said...

Another wonderful poster. I love the little cat looking up.

Excellent Walker said...

I can't believe you can do this when you're sick. Also love the cat leading the mouse on a string.

Sarah said...

get well soon, lavender cloths and gin and tonics from me. Like the illo too.

Gordon Fraser said...

Excellent as usual Gretel!! Love the mammy kitty (with the bow on her tail)

Christine Walker said...

Your site is too wonderful....my work is so serious that I get quite envious of people who do such lovely and playful work.

Aaron Paquette said...

Absolutely charming