25.6.07

Rabbit for sale

Like Alice's rabbit, this little chap (yes I know he's pink but I do feel he's a 'he') is late. Too late for Illustration Friday (theme - 'Rejection') He is also the first painting I have done in, oh about three months and the first in my new studio. So I am quite fond of him and his poor broken heart. However, I don't need him for any useful purpose (he was a warm up exercise, as I have a Real Live publishing commision to start today). So he is up for sale for 25 UK pounds/50 US dollars/75 Euros, with free postage and packing - unframed and unmounted. The picture area (as it should be mounted) is roughly 23cm across by 14cm. And in a fit of generosity, I'll throw in a free 6 pack of Red Flannel Elephant cards. If you'd like to give him a loving home (although I can't guarantee he'll stop crying) email me at gretelparker@yahoo.co.uk. EDIT - NOW SOLD - THANK YOU!

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness he is gorgeous, I hope he finds a loving home soon.

andrea joseph's sketchblog said...

Hi PG, thanks for my birthday wishes. A lot of Canecerians seem to be artistic - is there a correlation between the two??
This picture is so beautiful and yet so sad. The colours are just fantastic. Brilliant as always.

Catherine Hayward said...

I want to give him a hug...
I've been feeling a lot like him lately.

natural attrill said...

Awww.........
Poor thing.
On a jollier note: I like your new header!
Toby.

Celeste said...

Poor little rabbit. He needs a great big hug.
I don't like the horrible person who wrote him a letter which made him so sad.

Gretel said...

I don't like to think what was in the letter...I think this is the saddest picture I have ever done, and that is saying something! Poor little moppet.

Anonymous said...

Awwwww! Poor little thing! I'd like to join the queue to give him (her?) a big cuggle.......

And I lurve the new header! Very Mabel Lucie Attwell! :-)

tlawwife said...

He certainly does bring emotion out.

I'm happy to hear of the new publishing commision.

Anonymous said...

This is a wonderful piece Gretel! One day, I hope I can own one of your originals like this.Congrats on your publishing commission.

Anonymous said...

I want to rip up the letter and give him a big bunch of carrots instead!

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

All I can say is "ACK and SIGH" and you know why...:)

joanna said...

B*gger!! Too late!! It's beautiful, G - love it :)

Tea said...

Oh I love him! I wish I hadn`t spent all my extra money on fabric because I`d be ordering him! He won`t be long finding a home.
Thanks for the info on the Cornish pasties. I had them when I was over there and really liked them. Such and interesting history!

tea
xo

Cathy said...

He's wonderful, Gretel - I'm glad he's found a loving home!

Your new blog header's great, too!

Lisa Oceandreamer Swifka said...

He looks so genuinely sad, poor wee dear. I hope he has gone to a wonderful home - maybe his tears will turn to laughter if listened close enough.
Geez your work is phenomanal! So happy you have a commission!!!
XOXO
love and hugs,
Lisa

weirdbunny said...

Don't say he's a bunny with a broken heart, that's way too emotional. Lets pretend he's playing hide and seek instead ! That's way happier - love Julia x

mrsnesbitt said...

Oh I missed him!
He reminded me so much of the velveteen rabbit.

Off to find something!

Dxx