10.3.12

Needle felting news



Introducing three circus friends, wee darlings sitting four inches tall. Custard the Clown. (*SOLD*).






Dear little Santa, my Christmas dog - *SOLD* to my amazing furniture painting friend.





Crystal - now *SOLD* (Thank you!)




I was going to be absolutely silent about my two week '
disappearance', but as I was devouring the new and oh-so-beautiful 'Mollie Makes', my heart skipped a beat. Look - under the 'make it' section - click for a larger look. Ooh! That's me, that is, listed in the next issue with my first ever 'making' article. Golly. (That's not me pictured looking slim and glam on the bed though, sadly).






Finally but not least, for anyone living in the Cotswolds/Cheltenham area, I am making two appearances at the Winchcombe Wool Festival. Like most of the Cotswolds, the town was 'built on wool', the earliest record of this being from 796, yes,
796, before the Norman Conquest of 1066) and my friend Katie B Morgan has written the most interesting article about the town and the festival, which, if you love history, heritage, the Cotswolds and craft, is a must-read.


Rams in the Cotswold Hills, resting after a busy season

I'll be demonstrating needle felting at the Winds of Change gallery from 11am till 4.30, on April 14th and later in the month holding a 'Make a Sheep' workshop, on April 27th from 11am till 4.30. Spaces are limited to just seven, and I think one is gone already. We'll be making a needle felted sheep with British wool and there will be a prize for the best sheep, of a family ticket to Adam Henson's Cotswold Farm Park (of Countryfile fame), which is just up the road from Winchcombe. Price for the workshop includes materials and lunch. And my undivided attention, of course. Contact Jane at the Gallery for prices and availability.



Click on poster for more detailed image


Talking of winds of change, it looks as we are finally moving to pastures new - in fact, a whole new county. For the first time in many years, I am not planting spring seeds.

19 comments:

ted and bunny said...

oh do say you're coming to Dorset!

Congrats on your stardom, nobody deserves it more. It must be thrilling to have a magazine article about your very own craft.

xx

mzjohansen said...

Utterley enchanting!

tut-tut said...

Wow! lots going on. Wish I lived in your neck of the woods to come and see your demos.

Janet Metzger, Artist said...

Dear Gretel....please secure a passport for Crystal ASAP!!

Woohoo for the Mollie Makes feature!!!!!

janet xox
The Empty Nest

knutty knitter said...

Wish I wasn't half way round the world :(
Good luck with all that, specially the move.

viv in nz

Marzenciuk said...

They are so lovely. You have your own style and this is great. Congrats the article :)

Claire said...

Wow, is all I can say at the moment....so much exciting news.
Moving county, well done, I hope you've found the perfect place to set up all your bits and pieces. Somewhere you can create and print and not have to pack everything away again.

Crystal is just sooooo cute, sounds like she's already found a home.........

Mollie Makes with you in it, yay.......just wait till it arrives at my newsagents and I can tell them my clever and talented friend Gretel is in the issue. Well done that's wonderful news.

Would love to be part of the workshop too, but sadly
I don't live close enough, oh well.

Have a great weekend and all the best with the packing. If you want any advice on moving house don't ask me. I've done it over 20 times and still haven't got it down to a 'fine art' hehe.....

Claire :}

Anonymous said...

What adorable little friends you create....and what exciting news! Good luck with the move.

Trailshome said...

You're so very clever. Congrats on the move! I can hardly wait to hear more!

Kim said...

Whoa! That's a lot of news!!! And congratulations!!!!!!! Sweet!!!

d. moll, l.ac. said...

and she saves moving for last....omitting the where and when.....so cunning <3

Caroline B said...

What a lot of exciting news! I love to hear how far you've come since the day you received a parcel of needlefelting equipment in the post from an anonymous benefactor..did you ever imagine it would go this far?
A move.....come on, be a bit more specific!

BumbleVee said...

Oh, big congrats Gretel....on everything!!! I hope you get to somewhere nice and green...lots of bicycling and walking paths... animals to see ...and a bit warmer in winter and oh, I hope you get it all! Good for you guys!
hahah.... the rams resting after a busy season...hahhahha....

We are home and both sick as dogs.... coughing so hard it is a bark.... almost popping my eyes out of my head....ooooh.... man....not worth it at all.... I probably should have just fell down and stuck in bed and told the rest to go on wihtout me...but, they had it too in varying stages and degrees...so on we all went. But... wandering along the banks of the Douro at night ....stupid.... and heading upriver in a boat...cold....too stupid again..... and going to the seaside? with 3 coats on and still being cold? how ridiculous....I am happy to be home in my lovely warm house, with my lovely comfy bed even if I can't lie down for the coughing...I've got 4 pillows around me and sitting is just fine ....for now....

BumbleVee said...

oh, and ps..... I absolutely thought that was you with a new "do" ....

Biba said...

Your circus friends are absolutely gorgeous! Plus congratulations on the magazine feature!

Anne said...

Your new creations are gorgeous!! Well done on Mollie Makes! Ane I'm looking forward to reading more about your move.

Tonia said...

Yippee - that's one space gone to me, that is! Can't. Wait.

rossichka said...

Darling little creatures! Crystal is so fragile and sweet!
Congratulations on all the upcoming events, Gretel! It seems this spring will be busy and inspirational for you!:) (By the way, your name looks very nice on the cover!)
I'm going to investigate the links these days... xx

jerilanders said...

Dang, sometimes I think I live in the wrong country... This is just the sort of thing I love.