30.8.16

Late summer visitors


Last week we had a very rare happening - visitors! A very nice Welsh Springer Spaniel and his humans came to stay for a couple of days. We didn't do much as it was nice just to take some time off and relax. We did manage a short walk nearby.


It's a funny thing, but even though we are in a very rural part of Shropshire, there are few footpaths and barely any  quiet places to walk. And with this being the busiest bit of the farming year, the little lane we were in had it's fair share of large agricultural vehicles managing (somehow) to make their way through.




So the next day was mostly spent in the garden, with lunch (mostly cheese) and beer.


Knitting was done - my knitting - though not by me. This is something I started and almost finished but couldn't. So my knitting expert friend managed to sort it out for me.


In return, I let my friend have free reign in my studio and she had a couple of impromptu painting lessons.

 

But play has to end eventually and when they were headed home, I finished off a couple of my own paintings, which are up for sale in my Etsy shop.  I seem to be heading for autumn a little prematurely, but then we are having an upsy downsy summer.



In my big studio tidy up, I also found a box of the last lino prints I made in my previous life, including the popular 'Little Hare. It feels a bit strange and very sad looking at old blog posts like with pictures of of the other cottage, such as 'Printing Little Hare' and 'Monsieur le Roitelet'. So to raise a few pennies, I've put the remainder back up for sale, at single figure prices in my shop print section.


I'm hoping to sell enough to be able to buy some WD40, to get my trusty old printer back on the road, so that I can print again. Sadly it's been in a damp shed for too long and needs some de-rusting before I can use it.


Back when I printed the lino cuts in November 2011, I was trying to juggle needle felting with printing and painting.  Then Andy and I began the big move to Shropshire and just over a year later, Andy was dead. Now my life is back on track, with a different love and I am still needle felting, starting to paint again and hopefully printing soon. In those days I was lucky enough to do it as a part time job. Now it's a life necessity. But I try not to analyse it too much; it's all a bit odd really. Such is life.


7 comments:

Lorna said...

<3

Rowan said...

The lane past my son's house in Suffolk was like that when I was there as they were harvesting the wheat and working late into the night. I like your paintings, they have a very art deco feel to them.

Mac n' Janet said...

Having driven behind some of those farm vehicles and those impossibly tiny lanes we often wonder how they do it.
Good look on getting your printer going again.

Deb said...

{{{hug}}}

Lin said...

The thing about change is that it is always happening. I am confident that your talent and your art will catch hold and you will be able to make some money off that.

It's beautiful where you live.

Shrimpton and Perfect said...

Sounds like you had a smashing time with your chums. Good food and drink and time well spent being creative. Pretty perfect.

Jean
x

Beverly said...

Glad to see you back on track, so happy in your life and creating so many projects.
xo