24.10.14

Hope and Elvis needle felt workshop



This month saw my return to the eternally wonderful Hope and Elvis studio, run by Louise Presley,  to hold two all day workshops over one weekend. It barely seemed as if I'd been away, but it had been almost a year.




In the morning, and in keeping with the autumnal weather,  acorns were made. I accidentally got my own measurements wrong, not for the first time, so instead of bijou acorns, we had egg sized ones. but everyone enjoyed themselves. As you can see from the big beam on Louise's face.

 


And amazingly, despite my error, we had a batch of acorns by lunchtime -




And a cluster of cheerful toadstools from the afternoon's work.




On day two, I did it all over again, with another group of lovely people. But this time we kept the acorns a little smaller...




This was a gorgeous colour combination, with faint gold beige stripes on a tomato red background.



There was one very special person who came, Charlotte of  'Chest of Delights' blogspot - we've been virtual blog chums for a few years now and it was lovely beyond lovely to meet her and finally get to hug this friend I'd not met before. She also brought along some of her own beautiful work.




 There is something very pleasing about a well made toadstool.




I also launched my fourth needle felt kit, which just happens to be a decorative acorn - they went very well, which is always nice and reassuring.




Decorative acorn kits are now available from my Etsy Shop, priced at $17.00/£10.60 plus shipping.

My next workshop is at the popular Toft Alpaca Farm, Rugby, on November the 1st - this time making Christmas trees. For more details and to book a place, please visit their website, but hurry as it is almost booked out!

4 comments:

Charlotte said...

It was so special to meet you properly at last. xxx

Frances said...

Gretel, what fun to see how well you showed those students how to bring forth beautiful acorns and toadstools into the world!

I'm awed that so much can be accomplished in a morning and an afternoon. I love all the color combinations, too.

Having those acorn kits availabe, with their own very beautiful colorway was a great idea.

Wishing you a Happy Halloween, and best wishes for that upcoming Christmas tree producing session. I'm looking forward to seeing the resulting grove!

Thank you also for your emails. xo

Claire said...

What wonderful workshops Gretel, love the acorns what ever size they turned out and the toadstools look great as well.
So good you got to finally meet Charlotte, always nice to put a face to a name.
Love the new Acorn kit , it looks so sweet.

Claire xx

PussDaddy said...

You are awesome. As usual.

PD