22.5.14

Little Woolies & workshops


Two Oxfordshire workshops this month, the first at a new venue in Bampton, Folly Fabrics - a vibrant, cleanly laid out shop in the heart of Bampton - which Downton Abbey fans may know is where many of the Downton village scenes are shot. (And yes, they were filming for a new show when I was there, but I was working!)

Folly Fabrics are my third supplies and kits stockists and it was lovely to walk in and see everything displayed beautifully alongside my book.




Sharon had made specially themed cakes and biscuits with pink bunnies adorning them. There is always cake at Folly Fabrics and Sharon is a fabulous baker. Too adorable to eat? They were scoffed, anyway!




 Everyone seemed to have a good time.



The next day I was back in my old stamping ground at Fibreworks Oxford, with a smaller class - only three, but it was nice and cosy. Birds were made.




And here's a few things I managed to make inbetween everything. The cat is sold, the fox was a gift, but I still have a couple of the little stump hares in my Etsy shop.




My next workshops are in July - at Chipping Norton Fibreworks on Friday the 18th making Candy Buns and back to Oxford Fibreworks on Saturday the 19th July, making this wee house on a hill, which can double up as a sweet pin cushion. Both shops are also stockists of my kits.




I'm always on the look out for nice shops to stock my wools and kits, so if you know of any, please let me - or them - know. I aim for nothing less than world wide domination.

7 comments:

Charlotte said...

Love the idea of world domination, although not sure we should use the dangerous weapon that is the felting needle! :-P

Not sure we have anywhere here in Notts city to complement the county. Will think on.

rossichka said...

Hello, Gretel! You sound excited about your workshops! Again and again - cosy spaces, friendly atmosphere and wonderful results! You should be proud of your teaching skills and diligent pupils!

The fox and the rabbits are absolutely adorable! xxx

rachel said...

World wide domination Gretel-style sounds rather pleasant.....

Wendy said...

Stash, a wonderful yarn shop in Castle Rock, Colorado...... that will get you started on your world wide domination!!

Frances said...

Gretel, I just keep thinking about all those lucky folks who are learning the fine art of needle felting from you. That these workshops take place in such lovely locations just adds to the fun.

The display of your kits really looks terrific...who could resist? You've designed the packaging very well.

Hoping that Marjorie has been encouraging some jaunts round that beautiful Shropshire landscape, too.

Let's see, what else...oh yes, maybe I've told you before, but that Staffordshire felted kittie is a really, really fine and charming creation.

xo

Twiglet said...

Have you tried Watson & Thornton's shop in Shrewsbury? They have some rovings and Clover tools but yours would be brilliant to have on sale there. x Jo

BumbleVee said...

'specially love the little grey fox ....so sleek....