16.12.17

Toadstools and cottages



It's been a while, and life quietly ticks over. Nothing much happens and then it's winter workshop season. I held my first local standalone session last month in Shrewsbury at the Shropshire Wildlife Trust. I had booked the modest little garden room, but due to circumstances, I was upgraded to this lovely space. It was my first workshop since the summer, but the old routine kicked in as soon as I begin setting up.


The Reserve used to be part of the old Abbey and has been well restored. There is a beautiful modern stained glass window with little etched birds and animals hiding in the undergrowth. 




Everyone arrived safely and were soon at work. 


This is my favourite workshop subject to teach and a particularly enjoyable group to work with. A couple of weeks later there was an impromptu workshop held at Ferndell Bed and Breakfast again, which booked out within a few days. This time the project was a Christmas Cottage. 



As usual, there was a lovely home made lunch, with Prosecco (though sadly not for me, as I was teaching). The wood burner was kept going all day.



And later, afternoon tea with home made brownies and cream.



So two workshops down and the biggest one to follow. Which, unlike these, didn't exactly go to plan...


2 comments:

Sheila said...

Lovely to see you back! Your workshops look wonderful, wish I was nearer! x

Lin said...

How fun! I'll bet it felt good to be teaching again.