16.2.06

'Cheers'

I found this lurking in a paper pile and realised I'd meant to send it off weeks ago, when 'Society Wine' was launched. I painted it up last night, just after e-mailing the first colour sample for 'woodland Creatures' to my US art director. I was using dribs and drabs of that palette, but in pale washes, not the vivid, rich shades I'd just submitted; I hadn't been altogether happy with it. Painting this, it dawned on me that this was the effect I'd actually been looking for, so spent today redoing the entire thing and hoping the AD would agree...thankfully she did. We seem to think pretty much alike on things, and she is very gentle with me if I stray. Now we are both hoping the Big Decision Maker will like it too.


6 comments:

Unknown said...

SOOO CUTE!! LOVELY!! REALLLY LOVE the bunny a lot!! SOOO CUTE!

Francesca said...

This is what I look like after two glasses of wine. Really. My ears grow, I sprout a bow tie and reach for more wine.

Sending many powerful support vibes to the BDM (Big Decision Maker). How could they not think you and your art are wonderful?

Maya said...

Good luck Pg!!!

It is lovely...I am sure BDM will love it!!
:)

Gretel said...

Thanks everyone...Maya, this isn't the actual artwork I sent, but the pallette is the same..(one of those 'I can't show it until it's published' situations again!)

Stuntmother, your elongated ears would fall off with astonishment at some of the twittish things I've heard from Professionals...

The fabric of my life said...

What a sweetly sozzled little bunny. Looking at his red nose I would say that he's had more than the one glass!

lorna said...

Gorgeous PG- really wonderful. :o) And I do love those colours.